Submit your question to us directly using the form below; we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
The VCE Horticulture Help Desk is staffed from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday. You can also leave a message or email anytime. Please keep in mind that we follow the holiday and closure schedule of the Arlington County Government.
Can’t make it to our office? Bring your questions to one of our plant clinics. During the busier summer season, we have plant clinics at many of the farmers' markets as well as several other locations in Arlington and Alexandria.
Here are some tips that will help us answer your questions faster:
- Bring a sample to the office for identification
- Bring parts of the plant that are both healthy and affected if possible
- Insects should be in a small lidded container with isopropyl alcohol, no live insects please!
- If you have the following information, it will be very helpful for our volunteers
- When did symptoms appear and what plants have been affected
- How long has the plant been in its current location
- Frequency of watering, fertilizing, local weather conditions
- Any new occurrences nearby, pesticide application, construction, etc.
Check out this VCE publication with helpful plant problem diagnosis tips.
VCE Horticulture Help Desk
Reach us in person:
Fairlington Community Center
3308 S Stafford St, Arlington, VA 22206
Reach us by email:
Reach us by phone:
Other Plant Clinic Locations for Questions
Arlington Central Library
Open mid April to mid November, 6:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
Old Town Alexandria Farmers' Market Plant Clinic
Open May to September, 7:00 a.m to 9:30 a.m.
Arlington Farmers' Market Plant Clinic
Open April to September, 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Del Ray Farmers' Market Plant Clinic
Open May to September, 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.