Virginia Cooperative Extension has many programs to help children, youth, and adults establish and maintain healthy diets to prevent chronic diseases and obesity.
Combine your love of cooking, nutrition, physical activity, and helping others by becoming a Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Food Volunteer. The Master Food Volunteer Program helps Extension reach more Virginians with up-to-date, research-based knowledge on food preparation, nutrition, food safety, and physical activity.
Become a Master Food Volunteer today!
Home Food Preservation Series - perfect for beginners or those wanting to brush up, workshops in Water Bath Canning, Pressure Canning and Vegetable Fermentation available in Arlington and Fairfax, more information and registration here.
We offer instruction in preparing everything from healthy snacks to complete meals. Specialty classes have included low-sodium recipes, cooking with farm fresh local foods, cooking with tofu, vegetarian cooking, making healthy meals from canned foods, cooking with exotic fruits and vegetables, and cooking with greens.
ከጤናማ መክሰስ ጀምሮ እስከ ማጠናቀቂያ ድረስ ያሉትን ሁሉ ለማዘጋጀት መመሪያ እንሰጣለን ፡፡ የልዩ ትምህርቶች ዝቅተኛ የሶዲየም የምግብ አዘገጃጀት መመሪያዎችን ፣ ከእርሻ ትኩስ የአከባቢ ምግቦች ጋር ምግብ ማብሰል ፣ በቶፉ ምግብ ማብሰል ፣ በቬጀቴሪያን ምግብ ማብሰል ፣ ከታሸጉ ምግቦች ጤናማ ምግቦችን መመገብ ፣ ያልተለመዱ ፍራፍሬዎችን እና አትክልቶችን ማብሰል እና ከአረንጓዴ ጋር ምግብ ማብሰል ፡፡
Nutrition Education Links
Do you have a question about Family and Consumer Sciences?
- Aisha Salazar, Associate Extension Agent, Family & Consumer Sciences: general nutrition programs, no restrictions on audience.
- Hareg Tecklu, Family Nutrition Program Assistant: SNAP-Ed adult direct nutrition classes
- Milena Montoya, Family Nutrition Program Assistant: EFNEP adult direct nutrition classes
- Kirsten Kelley, Extension Agent, FCS, SNAP-Ed: SNAP-Ed train-the-trainer (volunteers) to teach our nutrition curriculum
- Target audience: SNAP-eligible youth