VCE Arlington News
- Joyce Hylton Receives Alexandria’s Ellen Pickering Environmental Excellence Award. The City of Alexandria Environmental Policy Commission (EPC) and Alexandria Renew Enterprises (AlexRenew) presented the 2021 Ellen Pickering Environmental Excellence Award to Joyce Hylton, a Master Gardener volunteer in the Arlington/Alexandria unit of the Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) Master Gardener program. The award was presented during thes City Council's Legislative Meeting on May 12, 2021.
- Two Honors! Glenn Tobin Earned the 2020 Bill Thomas Volunteer Award, and ARMN is presented the Virginia Chapter of the Wildlife Society’s 2021 A. Willis Robertson Award.
- All Arlington County Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) IN PERSON supported volunteer and public education programs have been cancelled until further notice. The Fairlington Community Center building and the VCE office are open with limited access and staffing. Please check Arlington County’s COVID-19 website for current facility status.
Watch this video of U.S. Representative Don Beyer (VA-08) at our 2020 Extension Showcase and learn about his own interactions with Cooperative Extension.
- 4-H nets several wins at national livestock contests
- Virginia Cooperative Extension announces summer internship season
- VALOR program graduates twelve new agricultural leaders
- Virginia Cooperative Extension accepting applications for 2017 New River Valley Master Gardener training program
- Virginia Cooperative Extension to hold fence building workshop
- 4-H Positive Youth Development in Agriculture program helps communities in Senegal
- Virginia 4-H agent Hermon Maclin gives youth a voice for the digital age
- Virginia Cooperative Extension to host the 2019 Low-stress Cattle Handling Clinic in May