VCE Arlington News
- The Arlington Connection newspaper, recently reported about our 2020 Virginia Cooperative Extension Showcase featuring U.S. Representative Don Beyer. Read the article here.
- The Sun Gazette, of Arlington, Virginia, recently reported about our 2020 Virginia Cooperative Extension Showcase. Read the article here.
- Virginia Tech has produced a "Asian Giant Hornet Fact Guide". Worried about their spread? What should you do? Read the guide.
- Public Asked To Report Receipt of any Unsolicited Packages of Seeds
The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS) has been notified that Virginia residents have received unsolicited packages containing seeds from China. Please do not plant these seeds. VDACS encourages anyone who has received unsolicited seeds in the mail to contact the Office of Plant Industry Services (OPIS) through the ReportAPest@vdacs.virginia.gov email.
- All Arlington County Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) supported volunteer and public education programs have been cancelled until further notice. The Fairlington Community Center building and the VCE office are open with limited access and staffing. Please check Arlington County’s COVID-19 website for current facility status.
- President Tim Sands highlights resiliency and progress in midst of pandemic
- From Virginia Cooperative Extension to the Virginia Tech classroom
- Virginia Tech Foundation names new CEO
- Ideas for creating new holiday traditions and memorable moments during a pandemic
- Threading a (pine) needle: Virginia’s Big Tree Program finds balance between tree science and community engagement
- College of Natural Resources and Environment members receive national recognition
- Timothy Miles named youth protection associate specialist
- Virginia Tech researcher appointed to National Research Institute’s advisory panel