VCE Arlington News
- We're proud of our volunteers' great work in 2019. Check out our Summary End of Year Report, available here.
- All Arlington County Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) supported volunteer and public education programs have been cancelled until further notice. The Fairlington Community Center building and the VCE office are open with limited access and staffing. Please check Arlington County’s COVID-19 website for current facility status.
- 4-H Summer Camp has been cancelled. Click here for more information.
- Kirsten Conrad, the Virginia Cooperative Extension Agent for agriculture and natural resources for Arlington and Alexandria, has been named recipient of the second annual “Golden Radish Award” from the Arlington Friends of Urban Agriculture.
- Virginia Tech, Virginia State University, & Virginia Cooperative Extension updates soil sample form for 2020.
- *NEW* Updated Publication: "Fooling Mother Nature: Forcing Flower Bulbs for Indoor Bloom", from the Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Virginia Cooperative Extension goes digital, explores new pathways for content delivery
- Petersburg Healthy Options Partnerships pivots to serve the community during pandemic
- Extension Master Gardeners meet demand for home vegetable gardening information
- What’s that noise? The 17-year cicadas are back
- Asian giant hornet not expected to be in Virginia for the foreseeable future
- Virginia Cooperative Extension experts offer tips for preserving food during COVID-19
- New survey finds COVID-19 disrupts 90 percent of the aquaculture industry and spurs economic loss nationwide
- Researcher recognized with Distinguished Early Career Award from U.S. Aquaculture Society