This course is designed to increase financial knowledge and empower women to make savvy financial decisions. The following topics will be covered during the course.
- Week 1, March 2, 2020: Financial Basics
- Week 2, March 9, 2020: Investing Basics
- Week 3, March 16, 2020: Retirement Planning
- Week 4, March 30: Insurance Basics
- Week 5, April 6, 2020: Planning for Future Life Events, Part I: Estate Planning
- Week 6, April 13, 2020: Planning for Future Life Events, Part II: Estate Planning (continued) and Changes in Relationships
Course Textbook: Money Talk: A Financial Guide for Women
Authors: Patricia Q. Brennan and Barbara M. O’Neill, Rutgers Cooperative Extension
Textbook may be accessed online free of charge using this link MoneyTalkBook. Feel free to download it to your devise.
Money Talk: A Financial Guide For Women
- Quote from Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- Session I: Financial Basics
- Session II: Are You Covered? Insurance Basics
- Session III: Investing Basics
- Session IV: Investing for Retirement
- Session V: Planning for Future Life Events
- Appendix: Action Steps
- Glossary and Abbreviations
- Online Order Form
- 2014 Update
When: Mondays, March 2nd through April 13, 2020.
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.