Ticks and warm summer months go hand in hand. And we all know the diseases―Lyme, ehrlichiosis, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever―that tick bites can bring.
But with so much information―and so many ticks―out there, figuring out how to effectively protect yourself can feel overwhelming. We’ve rounded up ways you can reduce your exposure to tick bites―from easy tips you can use immediately to the places on your body ticks most like to hide to how you can create a “tick-free yard” for your home.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Tick page.
- Beat the Bite: Top Tick Tips (Arlington County)
- Lyme Disease (Arlington County)
- Expert dispels myths about Lyme disease and offers tips for prevention (Virginia Tech)
- Protecting Yourself From Ticks . . . Without Harming Pollinators (Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia)
- The Tick App
- Think the Tick Threat Grows with the Grass? Not Necessarily (USDA Forest Service)