Education & Degrees
- M.S. Outdoor Recreation Resource Management, Indiana University, May 1994
- B.S. Ornamental Horticulture and Landscape Design, Auburn University, May 1980
Kirsten Conrad is the Agriculture Natural Resources Extension Agent for Arlington County and the City of Alexandria. She provides education and advisory support in various capacities to 2 volunteer programs: Extension Master Gardeners and their association, Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia and the Arlington Regional Master Naturalists. She works with these volunteer programs and partners with numerous local and state agencies and non-profits to promote urban agriculture, urban forestry, natural resource conservation, soil quality and fertilizer usage, pollinator protection and pesticide reduction, Mosquito and Tick habitat management along with commercial pesticide applicator and green industry certification and training.
She has served in this capacity for 14 years and comes to this work from experience in Green Industry leadership positions in Delaware, private business management in Indiana, and landscape design and consulting work in 6 states.
Certified in Green Industry as a horticulturist and commercial pesticide safety educator, she has a Bachelor of Science degree from Auburn University, Auburn AL, 1980 in Ornamental Horticulture and Landscape Design and a Master of Science from Indiana University, Bloomington IN 1994 in Outdoor Recreational Resource Management.
A native of Ohio, she has lived and worked on both coasts of the United States in California, Delaware, and Maryland, Georgia, and Alabama, and the Mid-Atlantic states of North Carolina and Virginia. She has traveled extensively and is keenly interested in international horticulture and sustainable management of natural resources.
· Virginia Association of Agriculture Extension Agents
· Virginia Extension Service Association
· American Horticultural Society
· International Society of Arboriculture
· National Association of County Agricultural Agents
· Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals