Join your local Extension Leadership Council - Be an Extension Partner
Virginia Cooperative Extension brings the resources of Virginia’s land-grant universities, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University to the people of the Commonwealth. Cooperative Extension agents, specialists and trained volunteers form a network of educators whose classrooms are the communities, homes and businesses of Virginia.
Our local Cooperative Extension programs areas are:
- Family & Consumer Sciences - includes finance, energy & nutrition programs
- Agriculture and Natural Resources - includes urban agriculture, gardening & nature programs
- 4-H Youth Development - includes youth clubs & school programs
- Enjoy helping people?
- Want to help improve your community?
- Like solving problems?
If so, join the Arlington & Alexandria Extension Leadership Council!
The Extension Leadership Council consists of Arlington & Alexandria Virginia Cooperative Extension staff members, liaison representatives from County & City government, & citizens.
As an Extension Leadership Council participant you will:
- Help Extension educators identify and develop educational programs that respond to community issues and needs.
- Host an annual breakfast dialogue with County, City, State and Federal legislators to highlight Cooperative Extension programs and their impact on the community.
- Identify ways to serve Arlington and Alexandria’s diverse population.
- Serve as an informal counsel to Extension staff.
- Advocate and respond to requests for funds and staff.
The Extension Leadership Council meets the second Monday, once every two months, in January, March, May, July, September, and November. Meetings alternate day and evening.